Madhuri Dixit (born 15 May 1967), also known by her married name Madhuri Dixit Nene, is an Indian actress, known for her work in Hindi cinema. One of the most popular and highest-paid Hindi film actresses in the late 1980s and 1990s, she has been praised by critics for her acting and dancing skills. She is the recipient of numerous accolades, including six Filmfare Awards. She has been nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress a record fourteen times, and along with Raakhee is the most nominated actress in the acting categories, with 16 nominations. In 2008, the Government of India awarded her with the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian honor of the country.
After making her acting debut in the 1984 drama Abodh, Dixit had her first commercial success with the 1988 action romance Tezaab. She went on to establish herself as a leading actress of Bollywood by starring in several top-grossing productions, including Ram Lakhan (1989), Tridev (1989), Kishen Kanhaiya (1990), Dil (1990), Saajan (1991), Beta (1992), Khalnayak (1993), Hum Aapke Hain Koun..! (1994), Raja (1995) and Dil To Pagal Hai (1997) — and received critical recognition for her work in Prem Pratigyaa (1989), Anjaam (1994), Mrityudand (1997), Pukar (2000), Lajja (2001) and Devdas (2002). Dixit returned to film acting in 2007 with the musical Aaja Nachle. Subsequently, she starred in the black comedy Dedh Ishqiya (2014), crime drama Gulaab Gang (2014) and made her debut in Marathi cinema with the 2018 comedy drama Bucket List.
In addition to acting in films, Dixit has been engaged in philanthropic activities. She has worked with UNICEF since 2014 to advocate the rights of children and prevent child labor. She was appointed the brand ambassador for the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao campaign, by the Government of India. She has participated in several concert tours and stage shows, hosted Sony TV’s Kahin Na Kahin Koi Hai and featured as a talent judge for the dance reality shows Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, So You Think You Can Dance and Dance Deewane. Dixit has been married to Doctor Shriram Nene, since 1999, with whom she has two children.
Madhuri Dixit Measurements Height Weight Bra Size Age
Madhuri Dixit Interesting Facts
- Madhuri Dixit was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India to Late Shankar Dixit and Snehlata Dixit.
- She has a brother Ajit Dixit and two sisters, Rupa Dixit and Bharati Dixit.
- She holds
Degreein Micro-Biology from Parle College, Mumbai.
- She started her film acting career with Bollywood Film ‘Abodh’ (1984) and her first TV Appearance ‘Kahin Na Kahin Koi Hai’ (2002).
- She dated with Actor Anil Kapoor and Sanjay Dutt in her past and before marriage.
- She married to Doctor-Cardiovascular Surgeon, Shriram Madhav Nene on 1999 and they have two sons together, Ryaan Nene and Arin Nene.
- Madhuri Dixit considered as the highest-paid actress with
estimatednet worth of $35 million and salary 3-4 crore per movie and 1 crore per episode inTV.
- She became a top-line model and done many commercials before entering Bollywood.
- Madhuri Dixit worked in film Gaja Gamini (2000) along with actor Shah rukh Khan, which was
hugecommercial successfuland box office hit films.
- She is the only Bollywood Actress who
havebeen nominated thirteen times for the filmfareBest Actress Award.