Ekta Kapoor Height Weight Bra Size Age Biography Family Wiki Net Worth, Affairs, Marriage & much more. Ekta Kapoor is an Indian television producer, film producer and director, and the joint managing director and creative head of ‘Balaji Telefilms Limited’, which was founded in 1994. In 2001, Balaji Motion Pictures was launched as a subsidiary company of Balaji Telefilms Limited which is a film production and distribution company. She launched ALT Balaji in April 2017.
Ekta Kapoor is the daughter of actors Jeetendra and Shobha Kapoor. Her younger brother Tusshar Kapoor is also a Bollywood actor. She went to school at Bombay Scottish School, Mahim and attended college at Mithibai College.
She had a son named Ravie Kapoor on 27 January 2019 via surrogacy.
Ekta Kapoor started her career aged 15 as a, interning with ad and feature filmmaker Kailash Surendranath, until after obtaining financing from her father, she decided to become a producer. She ventured into Bollywood movie production in 2001 beginning with Kyo Kii… Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta, Kucch To Hai and Krishna Cottage based on supernatural themes followed in 2003 and 2004. Kyaa Kool Hai Hum starred her brother Tusshar Kapoor. She then went on to co-produce Shootout at Lokhandwala with Sanjay Gupta. Mission Istanbul and EMI – Liya Hai Toh Chukana Padhega in collaboration with Sunil Shetty followed.
In 2010 to 2014 she released a number of films including Love Sex aur Dhokha, Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai, and Shor in the City. She says at one point she had lost confidence in herself after her films flopped one after another, and so was initially not sure about producing Half Girlfriend.
In 2012, Ekta Kapoor started Institute of Creative Excellence, a media training school through her production house Balaji Telefilms.
Kapoor has also created and produced more than 130 Indian soap operas under her banner Balaji Telefilms Limited. Some of her most popular and top shows are Hum Paanch, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, Kaahin Kissii Roz, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Kahiin To Hoga, Kasamh Se, Pavitra Rishta, Bade Acche Lagte Hain, Yeh Hai Mohabbatein, Jodha Akbar. Naagin, Kumkum Bhagya, Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki, Kundali Bhagya and several others that were credited with starting a new wave on Indian television, leading to her being known as the “Czarina of television” and “the Queen of Indian Television”.
Read More: Tusshar Kapoor | Karishma Tanna
Kapoor has also launched 40 web TV series online through her digital app ALTBalaji app. They got their casts from core industry professional Anshuman Pratap Singh aka Dhaivat Records & Productions, the plotted scene came to life when Ekta’s vision met Anshuman’s & his team execution.
She has also launched her fashion series with EK Label. In recent times she has been named Content Czarina.
Ekta Kapoor Measurements Height Weight Bra Size Age
|Real Name||Ekta Kapoor|
|Nickname||Ekta and TV Queen|
|Profession||TV and Film Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet-Inches- 5′ 4″
|Weight||in Kilograms- 58 Kg
in Pounds- 128 lbs
|Date of Birth||7 June 1975|
|Age (as in 2021)||46 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra India|
|School||Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai|
|College||Mithibai College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Debut||Film: Kyo Kii… Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta (2001)
Debut TV : Mano Ya Na Mano (1995)
|Family||Father– Jeetendra (Actor)
Mother– Shobha Kapoor (Producer)
Brother– Tusshar Kapoor (Younger, Actor)
|Controversies||• In 2007, Smriti Irani left the serial Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi after a fight with her. But, due to the falling ratings of the show, Smriti was brought back in 2008.
• Due to the back injury, Pulkit Samrat wasn’t able to shoot for Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and had some pending payment issues with her. As a result, he filed a court case against Balaji Telefilms for non-payment and not allowing him to work on other projects.
• The Rajput Kshatriya Akhil Bharatiya Chatariya Sabha protested against her TV serial Jodha Akbar, as according to them wrong facts were presented in the serial.
|Favorite Actor||Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan|
|Favorite Actress||Priyanka Chopra, Kareena Kapoor and Sakshi Tanwar|
|Favorite Director||Wong Kar-wai|
|Favourite Book||The Last Song of Dusk by Siddharth Dhanvant Shanghvi and The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho|
Boys, Affairs and More
|Net Worth||$12 million|
Some lesser-known facts about Ekta Kapoor
- Does Ekta Kapoor smoke?: No
- Does Ekta Kapoor drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Ekta started producing TV serials at the age of 19, after her father’s suggestion.
- The majority of her TV serials begin with K, as she considers it lucky for her.
- As MD of Balaji Telefilms, she has produced around 25 successful TV serials till 2015 with earning of around 500 Crore (INR) from it.
- She launched stars like Vidya Balan, Sushant Singh Rajput, Prachi Desai, Ram Kapoor, Rajeev Khandelwal and Ronit Roy.
- She always wears black platform heels on events or functions as suggested by an astrologer.
- She has fear of heights, darkness and helicopters.
- Actress Anita Hassanandani initially changed her name to Natassha for movies on her suggestion.
- She isn’t seen much in public events, but she is considered as a party animal.
- She is spiritual, has huge faith in astrology, numerology and considers 3,6 and 9 as her lucky numbers.
- She is an animal lover and although she has a pet dog called Lauro, but she has a habit of adopting stray dogs, and has many of them.
- She does charities for older women.
- She loves listening to old songs and ghazals and is a huge fan of Kishore Kumar’s songs.
- Her favorite TV serial is the USA’s Shameless.