Virat Kohli Height Weight Age Biography Family Wiki Net Worth, Affairs, Marriage & much more. Virat Kohli (Hindustani: born 5 November 1988) is an Indian international cricketer and former captain of the Indian national team. He plays for Delhi in domestic cricket and Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League as a right-handed batsman. Kohli is often considered one of the best batsmen of his era and some critics believe him to be one of the best limited-overs batsmen in history. Between 2013 and 2022, Kohli captained the India cricket team in more than 200 matches across all three formats.
Kohli made his Test debut in 2011. He reached the number one spot in the ICC rankings for ODI batsmen for the first time in 2013. He has won Man of the Tournament twice at the ICC World Twenty20 (in 2014 and 2016). He also holds the world record of being the fastest to 23,000 international runs.
Kohli has been the recipient of many awards– most notably the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy (ICC Men’s Cricketer of the Decade): 2011–2020; Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy (ICC Cricketer of the Year) in 2017 and 2018; ICC Test Player of the Year (2018); ICC ODI Player of the Year (2012, 2017, 2018) and Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World (2016, 2017 and 2018). At the national level, he was awarded the Arjuna Award in 2013, the Padma Shri under the sports category in 2017 and the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award, the highest sporting honour in India, in 2018. He is ranked as one of the world’s most famous athletes by ESPN and one of the most valuable athlete brands by Forbes. In 2018, Time magazine named him one of the 100 most influential people in the world. In 2020, he was ranked 66th in Forbes list of the top 100 highest-paid athletes in the world for the year 2020 with estimated earnings of over $26 million.
Virat Kohli was born on 5 November 1988 in Delhi into a Punjabi Hindu family. His father, Prem Kohli, worked as a criminal lawyer and his mother, Saroj Kohli, is a housewife. He has an older brother, Vikash, and an older sister, Bhavna.
Kohli was raised in Uttam Nagar and started his schooling at Vishal Bharti Public School. In 1998, the West Delhi Cricket Academy was created and a nine-year-old Kohli was part of its first intake. Kohli trained at the academy under Rajkumar Sharma and also played matches at the Sumeet Dogra Academy at Vasundhara Enclave at the same time. In ninth grade, he shifted to Saviour Convent in Paschim Vihar to help his cricket practice. Kohli’s family lived in Meera Bagh until 2015 when they moved to Gurugram.
Kohli’s father died on 18 December 2006 due to a stroke after being bed-ridden for a month.
Kohli with wife Anushka Sharma in their Mumbai reception
Kohli started dating Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma in 2013; the couple soon earned the celebrity couple nickname “Virushka”. Their relationship attracted substantial media attention, with persistent rumours and speculations in the media, as neither of the two publicly talked about it. The couple married on 11 December 2017 in a private ceremony in Florence, Italy. On 11 January 2021, they became parents to a baby girl, Vamika.
In 2018, Kohli revealed that he completely stopped consuming meat to cut down his uric acid levels which caused him a cervical spine issue and started affecting his finger and, in turn, his batting. In 2021, he clarified that he is a vegetarian and not a vegan.
Kohli has admitted that he is superstitious. He used to wear black wristbands as a cricket superstition; earlier, he used to wear the same pair of gloves with which he had “been scoring”. Apart from a religious black thread, he has also been wearing a kara on his right arm since 2012.
Virat Kohli Height Weight Age Body Statistics Biography
|Nickname(s)||Chikoo, Run Machine|
|Profession||Indian Cricketer (Batsman)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm|
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||ODI- 18 August 2008 against Sri Lanka at Dambulla|
Test- 20 June 2011 against West Indies at Kingston
T20 – 12 June 2010 against Zimbabwe at Harare
|Jersey Number||#18 (India)|
|Domestic/State Team||Delhi, India Red, Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|Nature on field||Very Aggressive|
|Likes to play against||Pakistan, Australia|
|Favourite Shot||Cover Drive, Flick Shot|
|Records (main ones)||• First Indian to score a century on World Cup debut (2011).|
• Third Indian to make 2 ODI hundreds by the age of 22 (after Sachin Tendulkar & Suresh Raina).
• Fastest Indian to complete 1000, 3000, 4000, and 5000 runs in ODI cricket.
• Fastest century by an Indian (of 52 balls against Australia at Jaipur, India in 2013).
• Fastest to score 25 ODI tons.
• Fastest to reach 7,500 ODI runs.
• Third player to score 3 double hundreds in a calendar year after Don Bradman and Ricky Ponting.
• Shares the record of 4 double hundreds with the like of Don Bradman, Graeme Smith, Michael Clarke.
• First Indian skipper to register 9 Test wins in a calendar year.
• First Indian skipper to register 5 successive Test series wins.
• First Indian to aggregate over 1000 Test runs in a calendar year after Rahul Dravid, who made 1145 runs in 2011.
• The highest score of 235 in Tests is the highest score by an Indian captain in Tests.
• First Indian Test skipper to score a double century in an overseas Test.
• Most runs in IPL in a single season (973 runs in IPL 9-2016).
• Most hundreds in IPL in a year (4).
• The fastest to 10,000 ODI runs and reached the mark in 205 innings.
• The first Indian to score 3 consecutive centuries in ODI cricket.
• The fastest player to 19,000 runs in international cricket.
• The highest run-scorer by any Indian Captain. He achieved the feat on 19 January 2020 while playing against Australia in Bengaluru. He scored 11208 runs as captain, which is the most by any Indian. He surpassed former skipper MS Dhoni, who amassed 11207 runs as captain. While Dhoni took 330 innings to score 11,208 runs, Kohli overtook him in just 199 innings as captain. Mohammad Azharuddin (8095) is third on the list followed by Sourav Ganguly (7643).
|Career Turning Point||When he captained India’s victorious 2008 World Cup Under-19 side in Malaysia.|
|Date of Birth||5 November 1988|
|Age (as of 2021)||33 Years|
|School||Vishal Bharti Public School, Delhi|
Saviour Convent Senior Secondary School, Paschim Vihar, Delhi
|Educational Qualification||12th standard|
|Family||Father– Late Prem Kohli (Criminal lawyer)|
Mother– Saroj Kohli (Homemaker)
Sister– Bhawna Kohli (Elder)
Brother– Vikas Kohli (Elder)
|Coach/Mentor||Raj Kumar Sharma|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian (turned vegetarian in October 2019)|
|Address||DLF City Phase-1, Block-C, Gurugram|
|Likes & Dislikes||Likes– Watching Roger Federer playing, watching old cricket videos, he likes Soccer and Tennis beside Cricket, Loves to drive, crazy for sushi (food), meeting old friends|
Dislikes– Too many guests at home, sitting idle for long time
|Hobbies||Workout, travelling, singing, dancing|
|Controversies||• In 2011, Kohli on his first tour to Australia, showed his middle finger to the Sydney crowd after they abused him when he was fielding the boundary at the boundary line during the second Test.|
• In 2013, during a match between Royal Challengers Bangalore, and Kolkata Knightriders in IPL 6, Kohli and Gautam Gambhir had an ugly spat. After getting out, instead of walking back, Kohli made some remarks which angered Gambhir, after which both started abusing each other until Rajat Bhatia intervened.
• Before the 2015 World Cup in Australia, the BCCI disallowed the Indian players to stay with their wives, or girlfriends during the World Cup. But according to reports, Kohli was staying in the same hotel where his girlfriend Anushka Sharma was staying.
• In 2016, Kohli abused a journalist after a practice session during the T20 World Cup, as Kohli thought that that particular journalist had written an article about actress Anushka Sharma in the National Daily. But, later Kohli came to know that it was the wrong journalist, after which he apologized immediately.
• Though Anil Kumble was named as the Indian cricket team coach in June 2016, in early 2017, there were many reports that were doing rounds hinting at differences between Anil and Virat Kohli. However, prior to the Champions Trophy 2017, when the BCCI published an advertisement for the post of men’s Indian cricket team coach, Anil felt deeply hurt and decided to discontinue his coaching job, and on 21 June 2017, Anil gave his resignation from the post of the Indian cricket team coach.
|Cricketer(s)||Batsman : Sachin Tendulkar, Chris Gayle, Shane Watson, David Warner, Joe Root, Herschelle Gibbs|
Bowler : Shane Warne
|Cricket Ground||Adelaide Oval, Adelaide, Australia|
|Cricket Commentator||Harsha Bhogle|
|Food||Salmon, Sushi, Lamb Chops|
|Actor(s)||Aamir Khan, Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr.|
|Actresses||Penelope Cruz, Aishwarya Rai, Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif|
|Film(s)||Bollywood: Border, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, Ishq, 3 Idiots|
Hollywood: Rocky 4, Iron Man, Southpaw
|TV Show(s)||American: Homeland, Narcos, Breaking Bad|
|Book||Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda|
|Basketball Player||Kobe Bryant|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Sarah-Jane Dias (Actress, rumour)|
Sanjana (Model, Actress, rumour)
Tamannaah Bhatia (Actress, rumour)
Izabelle Leite (Brazilian model, rumour)
Mansha Bahl (Model, Actress)
Anushka Sharma (Actress)
|Marriage Date||11 December 2017|
|Children||On 11 January 2021, Virat and his wife, Anushka, blessed with a baby girl, Vamika.|
|Cars Collection||Audi Q7, Audi S6, Audi R8 V10, Audi R8 LMX, Audi A8L W12 Quattro, Toyota Fortuner|
|Salary (as of 2018)||Retainer Fee: Rs. 7 crore|
Test Fee: Rs. 15 lakh
ODI Fee: Rs. 6 lakh
T20 Fee: Rs. 3 lakh
IPL 11: Rs. 17 crore
|Income (as of 2018)||Rs. 228.09 crore/annum|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 400 Crore|
Virat Kohli is leading run scorer in T20I with most 50 plus scores. He is the only cricketer to have been awarded player of the tournament twice in T20 World Cup. He scored 319 runs with 4 fifties in T20 World Cup 2014 and was leading run scorer in the tournament.
He has 2nd most centuries in ODI(43) and only behind Tendulkar who has 49 centuries. He has 3rd most centuries(70) in international cricket and only behind Tendulkar(100) and Ponting(71). He is the fastest player to score 10,000 runs in ODI in terms of innings and took 54 less innings than previous record of 259 innings. In 2018, He scored 1000 ODI runs in just 11 innings which is the least number of innings taken to score 1000 runs in a calendar year.
|Virat Kohli’s record as captain|
|Matches||Won||Lost||Drawn||Tied||No result||Win %|
|Date Last Updated:||15 January 2022|