Scarlett Ingrid Johansson was born November 22, 1984, is an American actress and singer. She began acting as a child, and her role in the movie The Horse Whisperer brought her critical acclaim at age 13. Her subsequent successes include Lost in Translation, Girl with a Pearl Earring, The Nanny Diaries, Vicky Cristina Barcelona and the mega-hit The Avengers. Johansson also appeared in 2012’s Hitchcock, a biopic of famed horror director Alfred Hitchcock.
Johansson was born in Manhattan in New York City. Her father, Karsten Johansson, is an architect originally from Copenhagen, Denmark, and her paternal grandfather, Ejner Johansson, was an art historian, screenwriter, and director. Her mother, Melanie Sloan, a producer, comes from an Ashkenazi Jewish family (from Poland and Belarus). She has an older sister, Vanessa, also an actress; an older brother, Adrian; and a twin brother, Hunter. Johansson also has an older half-brother, Christian, from her father’s first marriage. She holds both American and Danish citizenship.
Johansson made her first stage appearance in the Off-Broadway play Sophistry opposite Ethan Hawke, in which she had only two lines. Continuing to pursue roles, she began studying at Professional Children’s School (PCS), a private educational institution for aspiring child actors in Manhattan. At age nine, Johansson made her film debut as John Ritter’s daughter in the fantasy comedy North (1994). She remembers being on the set of the film, recalling, “for some reason, I just knew what to do, instinctively. It was like, I don’t know … fate”. Although the film was unsuccessful, Johansson was noticed by casting agents and was signed for minor roles of the daughter of Sean Connery and Kate Capshaw’s characters in the mystery thriller Just Cause (1995) and an art student in If Lucy Fell (1996).
Scarlett Johansson Measurements Height Weight Bra Size Age
We present few interesting personal details of Scarlett Johansson for you:
|Birthday Date||November 22, 1984 (33 years)|
|Hair Color||A natural brunette who went blonde|
|Education||Professional Children’s School|
|Occupation||Actress, model & singer|
|Marital Status||Married (Romain Dauriac)|
|Mother||Melanie Sloan Johansson|
|Siblings||Adrian Johansson, Vanessa Johansson, Hunter Johansson, Christian Johansson, Fenan Sloan|
|Children||One daughter, Rose Dorothy Dauriac|
|Height||5 ft 3 in or 160 cm|
|Weight||57 kg or 125 pounds|
|Waist Size||25 inches|
|Hip Size||36 inches|
|Shoe Size||9.5 U.S size|
Favourite Things And Hobbies
Let’s peek into the personal tastes of this mesmerizing actress:
|Food||Pizzas except pineapple on the top, Burger, Buffalo Wings|
|Place||Disneyland, Ireland and New York|
|Sports||Basketball and tennis|
|Brands||Marc Jacobs, Chanel, Gucci, and Prada|
|Shoe Size||9.5 U.S size|
|Actors||Gary Sinise, Christopher Walken, Tom Cruise|
|Actresses||Helena Bonham Carter, Juliette Lewis, Meryl Streep, Judy Garland|
|Films||Heat (1995), Goodfellas (1990), Mean Streets (1973), Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory(1971)|
Scarlett Johansson Facts
- Scarlett celebrates a “little of both” Christmas and Hanukkah and has described herself as Jewish.
- She campaigned for John Kerry in the 2004 Presidential Election.
- She also planned to attend Purchase University to study film.
- Scarlett was voted ‘Babe of the Year’ by GQ (Gentlemen’s Quarterly; men’s magazine) in 2010.
- The Looney Tunes Show made a character called Starlet Johansson in the episode Casa De Calma (June 2011), which resembles Scarlett Johansson.
- Scarlett was voted no. 7 in AskMen’s Top 99 Most Desirable Women in 2012.
- Scarlett’s lips were cut during the shooting of Match Point after Jonathan Rhys-Meyers kissed her roughly.
- Scarlett is allergic to pollen and wheat.
- N*de pictures of her were released online in September 2011 which were hacked from her cell phone.
- Esquire magazine named her to be the “Sexiest Woman Alive” in their 2006 and 2013 editions.
- She was announced as the highest grossing film actress of all-time by Box Office Mojo in July 2016.
- Scarlett is not on social media.