Vladimir Putin born 7 October 1952. He is a Russian politician serving as President of the Russian Federation since 7 May 2012, previously holding the position from 2000 until 2008. He was Prime Minister of the Russian Federation from 1999 until 2000, and again from 2008 until 2012. During his second term as Prime Minister, he was the chairman of the ruling United Russia party.
Vladimir Putin Biceps Size Height Weight Body Measurements
|Real Name||Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin|
|Nickname||VVP, Volodoya, Vova, Grey Cardinal|
|Political Journey||• Acting President of the Russian Federation (1999-2000).
• Elected as the Russian President on 7 May 2010 (2000-2004).
• Elected to the presidency for a second term on 14 March 2004 (2004-2008).
• Chosen as the Prime Minister on 8 May 2008 (2008-2012).
• Elected again as the President on 4 March 2012. (2012-2016).
|Biggest Rival||Boris Nemtsov (Died, 2015)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet-Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 71 kg
in Pounds- 152 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Light Brown|
|Date of Birth||7 October 1952|
|Age (as in 2016)||64 Years|
|Birth Place||Leningrad, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||St. Petersburg, Russia|
|School||St. Petersburg High School|
|College||St. Petersburg State University|
|Educational Qualifications||Degree in Law|
|Debut||In 1990, he was appointed as an advisor on international affairs to Mayor Sobchak.|
|Family||Father– Vladimir Spiridonovich Putin (Conscript in Soviet Navy)
Mother– Maria Ivanovna Putina (Factory worker)
|Hobbies||Judo, Skiing, Ice Hockey, Horse Riding, Fishing, Swimming, Hunting|
|Controversies||• Time & again, Putin has been accused of controlling and influencing the Russian media. For instance, in 2008, when the liberal newspaper ‘Moskovsky Korrespondent’ reported that Putin was planning to marry a rhythmic gymnast named Alina Kabayeva, the editor was forced to resign within hours.
• In July 2016, Putin signed the controversial ‘Big-Brother Law’. According to this law, every telecom/internet service provider has to store users’ calls, messages, photographs and videos for six months, as well as metadata for up to three years. Although, this law has been passed to curb the menace of terrorism, many service providers said that storing so much data would cost them as much as 4 times their annual profit. Moreover, this bill interferes with the private lives of Russian citizens.
• In November 2014, at the APEC summit, Putin made a warm gesture by wrapping a shawl around China’s First Lady, Peng Liyuan. Soon after this video surfaced online, many people started doubting Putin’s intentions. As China is traditionally conservative on public interaction between unrelated men and women, the public show of consideration by Putin was not taken in the way it was intended to be. As a result, the video was completely scrubbed from Chinese TV & Internet.
• In 2014, Putin led Russian government was accused of shooting down a Malaysian passenger Plane, MH-17, flying over the troubled region of eastern Ukraine, which killed all 298 passengers on-board. Putin has denied any wrongdoing and was quoted as saying, “If MH-17 crashed in Ukraine, it is Ukraine’s fault.”
• Allegedly, Putin has also been associated with the assassinations of former Russian spy Alexander Litvinenko & politician rival Boris Nemtsov.
|Favorite Book||Sankya by Zakhar Prilepin (Russian novel)|
|Favorite Rock Band||The Beatles|
|Favorite Food||Pistachio ice-cream|
Girls, Affairs and More
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Alina Kabayeva, Russian Gymnast (2008)
Wendi Murdoch, Film Actress & Producer (Rumored, 2016)
|Wife||Lyudmila Ocheretnaya (Divorced, 2013)|
|Children||Daughters– Maria Putin (Elder), Yekaterina Putin
|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Cars Collection||Lada Kalina, Volga GAZ-21, Niva|