Jai Hemant Shroff (born 2 March 1990) known professionally as Tiger Shroff, is an Indian actor and martial artist known for his roles in Hindi-language action films. The son of actor Jackie Shroff and producer Ayesha Dutt, he made his film debut in the 2014 commercially successful action film Heropanti.
Shroff went on to star in more commercially successful action films Baaghi (2016), Baaghi 2 (2018), and War (2019). He is one of the highest-paid actors in India, and he has featured in Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list of 2018 and 2019.
Shroff was born on 2 March 1990 to Indian film actor Jackie Shroff and his wife Ayesha Shroff (née Dutt). He changed his name to Tiger when he debuted in film. He is the elder of two siblings; his sister Krishna Shroff is three years younger.
From his paternal side, he is of Gujarati and Turkish ancestry and from his maternal side, he is of Bengali and Belgian descent. Shroff is a devout Hindu devotee of Lord Shiva attributing his physique to Lord Shiva, and holding a fast every Monday as well as every Mahashivaratri festival. He did his schooling at the American School of Bombay.
In 2014, he was awarded an honorary fifth-degree black belt in Taekwondo.
Read More: Bhumi Pednekar | Rishi Kapoor
Since a young age, Shroff’s major hobby is dancing, and he admires the dance forms breakdancing, popping, and locking. He notes Michael Jackson as his inspiration and says he would like a dance face-off with Hrithik Roshan, Varun Dhawan and Chris Brown.
Tiger Shroff Biceps Size Height Weight Body Measurements
|Real Name||Jai Hemant Shroff|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Dancer, Martial Artist|
|Famous For||Son of Jackie Shroff|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 175 cm
in meters– 1.75 m
in feet inches– 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 70 kg
in pounds– 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 44 inches
– Waist: 30 inches
– Biceps: 15 inches
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Date of Birth||2 March 1990|
|Age (as in 2021)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School(s)||Besant Montessori School, Juhu, Mumbai
American School of Bombay, Mumbai
|College/University||Amity University, Noida, Uttar Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification||12th Standard (University drop-out)|
|Debut||Film: Heropanti (2014)|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Performing Martial Arts, Working Out At Gym|
|Awards/Honours||2014: Superstar of Tomorrow – Male at Stardust Awards, Most Entertaining Actor – Male at BIG Star Entertainment Awards, Best Male Debut at Star Guild Awards for Heropanti
2015: Star Debut of the Year – Male at IIFA Awards, Most Promising Newcomer – Male at Life Ok Screen Awards for Heropanti
|Role Model(s)||Bruce Lee and Michael Jackson|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Disha Patani (Actress)|
|Parents||Father– Jackie Shroff (Actor)
Mother– Ayesha Dutt (Producer)
Sister– Krishna Shroff
|Favorite Food(s)||Pizza, Pasta, Salad, Non-Veg Dishes|
|Favorite Actor(s)||Bruce Lee, Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan|
|Favorite Film||Enter the Dragon (1973)|
|Cars Collection||SS Jaguar 100, Chevrolet Cruze|
|Salary (approx.)||₹5 crore/film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹50 crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tiger Shroff
- Does Tiger Shroff smoke?: No
- Does Tiger Shroff drink alcohol?: No
- He comes from a well-renowned film industry background as his father, Jackie Shroff, is a famous actor and mother Ayesha Dut, a producer.
- Tiger holds multiple ethnicities; as he is a mixture of Turkish, Bengali, Gujarati, and Belgian descent, which is Bengali and Belgian from his mother’s side, and Gujarati and Turkish from his father’s side.
- Since the age of four, he has been a trained martial artist.
- He was a sports freak and was more into sports than acting at the start of his career.
- His real name was Jai Hemant Shroff, but Jackie named him Tiger as he used to bite like a tiger when he was small.
- Tiger has helped Aamir Khan in his workout routine to build physique for Aamir’s film- Dhoom 3. @The relations between the two got so stronger that Aamir was very much keen to produce Tiger’s debut, but it was later not possible.
- In 2009, Tiger was offered the lead role in the remake of the TV show “Fauji”, but he declined it as he was not in favour of doing television shows first and then ending up in films.
- Tiger is also a fifth-degree black belt holder in Taekwondo.
- In 2014, he made a headstart to his career with the film- Heropanti, which was a commercial success apart from negative reviews.
- He worked very hard for his debut film, as he spent 3 years to get trained for this film. Moreover, he performed all the stunts by himself in the movie.
- He was critically acclaimed by the audience and viewers for his extraordinary dancing skills and strenuous stunts performed in the movie.
- He is very much secretive about his personal life and holds a shy and introvert personality.
- In an interview, he told that he considers Bruce Lee and Michael Jackson as his role models.
- His movie Baaghi in 2016, alongside Shraddha Kapoor, was a box office hit and grossed over ₹1 billion worldwide.
- Tiger and Shraddha are not only co-stars but are also best friends and have been classmates too.
- The same year, he was starred in Remo D’Souza‘s superhero film- Flying Jatt for which he had to learn to speak Punjabi.
- In a Rapid Fire with Bollywood Hungama, he revealed a dream character he always wanted to play i.e. Spider-Man.
- In 2017, he played the role of Munna Roy, a dancer inspired by Michael Jackson, and to get up to the perfection level as a dancer, he was trained by Michael’s choreographer in Los Angeles.
- It was observed that throughout the film, Tiger has tied a red tie around his hand, which was a tribute to Michael Jackson.
- In 2018, he rocked the cinemas with the sequel of Baaghi- Baaghi 2, along with Disha Patani. Some of the stunt scenes were actually performed by Tiger, not by a body double.
- He was also featured in Punit Malhotra’s Student Of The Year 2, which was a sequel to the 2012 film, Student of the Year.
- Tiger is a fan of WWE wrestling and a big gym freak.
- He also became the Brand Ambassador and co-owner of Bengaluru Tigers.
|2014||Heropanti||Bablesh “Bablu” Singh|
|2016||Baaghi||Ranveer “Ronnie” Pratap Singh|
|A Flying Jatt||Aman Dhillon||Remo D’Souza|
|2017||Munna Michael||Manav “Munna” Roy|
|2018||Welcome to New York||Himself|
|Baaghi 2||Ranveer “Ronnie” Pratap Singh||Ahmed Khan|
|2019||Student of the Year 2||Rohan Sachdev|
|War||Khalid Rahmani / Saurabh Jaisingh||Siddharth Anand|
|2020||Baaghi 3||Ranveer “Ronnie” Pratap Singh|
|2021||Heropanti 2||Rahul Ahuja/Robin|