Thomas Müller is easily considered one of the best footballers in the world. In 2014, he was ranked by The Guardian as the fifth best footballer in the world. He is a German professional footballer who plays for Bayern Munich and the German national team. He is also the Bayern Munich vice-captain. Thomas has proved his versatility over the years as he plays in different positions including forwarding midfielder, second striker, centre-forward, attacking midfielder and either wing. He has also been greatly applauded for his stamina, teamwork, and positioning. Beyond that, he has been praised for not only his ability to score goals but to create goal scoring opportunity for other players as well.
Thomas Müller is a Roman Catholic, he was born on the 13th of September 1989 in Weilheim, Upper Bavaria to Gerhard and Klaudia Müller. Thomas grew up in Pähl, a small village near Weilheim which became the centre of attention for the media during Thomas’ world cup endeavours. The soccer star also has a younger brother called Simon
His humble beginning is the reason he has remained so humble in the face of success. Müller got his start at the Bayern’s youth academy and now, he is an award-winning player. In the 2012-2013 season, he scored 23 goals, this was the same season that Bayern won its historic treble (three trophies in a single season).
In 2010, Thomas Müller joined the German national team and scored five goals in his six appearances at the 2010 World Cup, where Germany came in third place. He was named the Best Young player and won the Golden Boot as a result of his exceptional playing skills. Four years later, he played a key role in Germany winning the title. He scored five goals in total and was awarded the Silver Ball, Silver Boot and named in the Dream Team as well as the World Cup All Star XI.
In 2011, Thomas Müller became an ambassador for a charity that helps children who have suffered from traumatic events or bereavement; the charity is called YoungWings.
Thomas Müller Biceps Size Height Weight Body Measurements
|Real Name||Thomas Müller|
|Profession||German Professional Footballer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 186 cm
in meters- 1.86 m
in Feet-Inches- 6’ 1”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 76 kg
in Pounds- 168 lbs
|Body Measurement||Chest- 40 inches
Waist- 32 inches
Biceps- 14.5 inches
|Eye Colour||Light Green|
|Hair Colour||Light Brown|
|Professional Debut||For Bayern Munich in 2008.|
|Records (main ones)||• In 2009-10, the season playing for Bayern Munich, he helped club win League and Cup double.
• In the 2011-12 season, Müller scored 23 goals and Bayern won a historic treble; the league title, cup and Champions League.
• In the 2010 World Cup, he scored 5 goals in 6 appearances helping Germany get Third Place. He was named the best young player of the tournament and achieved “The Golden Boot” as well as tournament’s top scorer.
• Müller played the crucial role for the national team Germany in 2014 FIFA World Cup. He scored 5 goals and received “The Silver Boot” for tournament’s second top scorer.
• On the basis of his performance in 2014 World Cup, he was named in the World Cup All Star XI.
• As per “The Guardian” British daily newspaper, he was ranked fifth best player in the world in 2014.
|Career Turning Point||• In 2009-10 season playing for Bayern Munich, he was named Bundesliga player of the month.
• In FIFA World Cup 2010, when he became the top goalscorer of the tournament.
|Date of Birth||13 September 1989|
|Age (as in 2018)||29 Years|
|Birth Place||Weilheim in Oberbayern, West Germany|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Family||Father– Gerhard Müller
Mother– Klaudia Müller
Brother– Simon Müller
|Favourite Food||Leberkase sandwich|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Salary||€ 4.9 Million|
|Net Worth||$12 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Thomas Müller
- Does Thomas Müller smoke?: Yes
- Does Thomas Müller drink Alcohol?: Yes
- Müller plays a variety of roles on the ground as an attacking midfielder, second striker, and centre-forward on either wing.
- Müller has played only for single club Bayern Munich since the inception of his senior career.
- He has scored more than 90 goals for Bayern Munich in 229 appearances.
- Müller has scored a hat-trick against Portugal with Germany’s 4-0 win in 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- In June 2014, during play, he collided with John Boye and suffered stitches.
- Müller is applauded for his roles in FIFA World Cups. He has been a top goalscorer in 2010 FIFA World Cup and second top goalscorer in 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- “The Guardian” declared him fifth best footballer in the world in 2014.
- Thomas married his longtime girlfriend Lisa Müller in 2009.
- Arjen Robben and Mesut Özil are the best friends of Thomas Müller.
- Thomas has no tattoo on the body.
- Müller has been sponsored by Adidas, Volkswagen, Rewe, and Barilla.