Tamim Iqbal Height, Weight, Age, Biography, Wiki, Salary, Wife, Family. Tamim Iqbal is an International Bangladeshi Cricketer and former test captain. He was born on 20 March 1989 in Chittagong, Bangladesh. Tamim Iqbal is a Left handed batsman and he mainly plays for Bangladesh National Cricket Team. He is former Test captain of Bangladesh Team and He plays for Comilla in domestic cricket. Tamim Iqbal was made his cricket international test debut against New Zealand in 4 January 2008. In Bangladesh Premier League, He playing for Comilla Victorians and He captain of the team since 2017. He is very talented and most popular batsman in Bangladesh. Tamim Iqbal Age 29 Years Old, He born in Chittagong, Bangladesh. His Father name Iqbal Khan and His Mother named Nusrat Iqbal. He has one brother, Nafees Iqbal, a cricketer. Tamim Iqbal is married to Ayesha Siddiqa. The couple blessed with one son, Mohammed Arham Iqbal, born February 2017. Tamim Iqbal is Muslim by religion and horoscope/sun sign is Pisces.
Tamim Iqbal Height 5 ft 9 in (175 cm) and Weight 64 Kg (141 Pounds). His Body Measurements are 39-32-12 Inches. Tamim Iqbal Chest Size 39 Inches, Waist Size 32 Inches and Biceps Size 12 Inches. He has black colour hair and black colour eyes.
Tamim Iqbal Biceps Size Height Weight Body Measurements
|Real Name||Tamim Iqbal|
|Profession||Bangladeshi Cricketer (Batsman)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet-Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 64 kg
in Pounds- 141 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 39 Inches
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 12 Inches
|International Debut||Test– 4 January 2008 vs New Zealand in Dunedin
ODI– 9 February 2007 vs Zimbabwe in Wellington
T20– 1 September 2007 vs Kenya in Nairobi
|Jersey Number||#28 (Bangladesh)|
|Domestic/State Teams||Asia XI, Nottinghamshire, Chittagong Kings, Pune Warriors, Wayamba United, Duronto Rajshahi, St Lucia Zouks, Chittagong Vikings, Rest of the World XI, Peshawar Zalmi|
|Batting Style||Left-Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right arm off break|
|Nature on field||Aggressive|
|Likes to play against||India|
|Records/Achievements (main ones)||• He was selected for the Bangladesh squad for ICC World Cup 2007 when he was just 4 ODI matches old. He surprised everyone with his wonderful knock of 51 against India taking his side to the victory.
• In ICC World Cup 2011 against India, he was the only dominant player in the team to challenge the Indian seamers as well as spinners. Unfortunately, the result was not in their favour, but they got a mesmerising cricketer at the end of the day.
|Date of Birth||20 March 1989|
|Age (as in 2018)||29 Years|
|Birth Place||Chittagong, Bangladesh|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father– Iqbal Khan
Mother– Nusrat Iqbal
Brother– Nafees Iqbal (Cricketer)
Uncle– Akram Khan (Former Cricketer)
|Controversies||• In March 2012, Kamal ensured Tamim’s position in the squad despite Tamim’s illness. Tamim justified Kamal’s decision by scoring 4 consecutive half centuries and becoming the only Bangladeshi cricketer till date to do so.
• During Bangladesh Premier League 2015, he criticised his franchise saying “Franchise may have got some deep pockets but they should not treat a national cricketer like a beggar. They need to the respect the national cricketers.” He said until he was ordering me was fine but later, he used some harsh words for my family. In a way to praise IPL, he said the money there is way more than here in BPL and they respect the players as well.
|Favourite Cricketers||Sanath Jayasuriya, Shahid Afridi|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Children||Son– Mohammed Arham Iqbal (Born February 2016)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tamim Iqbal
- Does Tamim Iqbal smoke: Not Known
- Does Tamim Iqbal drink alcohol: No
- Being born into a family of cricketers, he had the passion for the game since his early childhood. His brother and uncle played cricket for Bangladesh. His brother used to call him more talented and passionate.
- Tamim is the most successful run builder in Bangladesh Cricket Team.
- He was named as one of the four Wisden Cricketer’s Almanac’s Cricketers of the year, and Wisden’sTest Player of the Year in 2011. He became the second Bangladeshi cricketer to achieve the award.
- Iqbal is the only Bangladeshi cricketer to score a ton in all three formats of the game.
- In 2013, he was named an International elite player for the inaugural Caribbean Premier League.
- As of January 2017, he holds the record of being the second highest run scorer of the side. He is the second Bangladeshi player to go past 3000 marks in Test format & 4000 in One Day Internationals. He is currently the first Bangladeshi cricketer to climb to 1000 runs in T20 Internationals. He was the leading run-scorer in the ICC World T20 2016, that had been hosted by India.