Swara Bhaskar Height, Weight, Age, Biography, Wiki, Husband, Family. Swara Bhaskar is an Indian Film Actress. She was born on 9 April 1988 in Delhi, India. Swara Bhaskar mainly works in Bollywood Film Industry and recipient two Filmfare awards nominations. She was made her on-screen debut with Film Madholal Keep Walking (2009). Her Most popular & box office successful film, including ‘Tanu Weds Manu’, ‘Raanjhanaa’ & ‘Nil Battey Sannata’. All these three films nominated her Twice Filmfare Awards, twice Zee Cine Awards, Twice Screen Awards, FOI Online Awards and twice International Indian Film Academy Awards for Best Actress & Supporting Actress. Swara Bhaskar Age 30 (2018) Years Old, She was born in Delhi, India. Her Father named Chitrapu Uday Bhashkar, Columnist and Ira Bhaskar, Professor. Swara Bhaskar is unmarried and in a relationship with Writer Himanshu Sharma. She completed Masters in Sociology & Graduated in English Literature. Swara Bhaskar is Hindu by religion and Horoscope/Sun Sign Aries.
Swara Bhaskar Height 5 ft 5 in (165 cm) and Weight 56 Kg (123 Pounds). Her Body Measurements are 32-26-34 Inches. Swara Bhaskar Bra Size 32B, Waist Size 26 Inches and Hip Size 34 Inches. She wear 8 inches shoe size and 12 inches dress size. Swara Bhaskar has black color hair and black color eyes.
Swara Bhaskar Measurements Height Weight Bra Size Age
|Full Name||Swara Bhaskar Chitrapu|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet inches– 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 55 kg
in pounds– 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-34|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||9 April 1988|
|Age (as in 2018)||30 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|School||Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, New Delhi|
|College/Universities||Miranda House, University of Delhi, New Delhi
Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
|Educational Qualification(s)||B.A. in English Literature
M.A. in Sociology
|Debut||Film: Madholal Keep Walking (2009, English)
Guzaarish (2010, Bollywood)
TV: Samvidhaan: The Making of the Constitution of India (2014, as a Presenter)
|Address||A 3-BHK apartment in Yari Road, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Doing yoga, Dancing, Cooking, Reading|
|Awards||2012: Zee Cine Award for the Best Actor in a Supporting Role– Female for the film ‘Tanu Weds Manu’
2014: Screen Award for the Best Supporting Actress for the film ‘Raanjhanaa’, Zee Cine Award for the Best Actor in a Supporting Role– Female for the film ‘Raanjhanaa’
2016: Silk Road International Film Festival Award for the Best Actress for the film ‘Nil Battey Sannata’, Screen Award for the Best Actress- Critics for the film ‘Nil Battey Sannata’
|Tattoo(s)||Right back– Lunar phase of “Moon”
The left side of chest– Madhubani folk art representation of “Sun”
|Controversies||• In 2014, there were rumours about the cold war between Kangana Ranaut and her on the sets of ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’ (2015).
• In 2017, she revealed that when she was new in Bollywood she was harassed by a director. During an outdoor shoot at a remote area, he used to stalk her, text her, call her, and even asked for a one night stand.
• In December 2017, after the results of the Gujarat assembly election, she congratulated the independent but pro-congress Dalit leader Jignesh Mewani, for which she was trolled on social media as she was allegedly supporting caste politics.
• In 2018, after watching Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s medieval epic ‘Padmaavat’, she made severely critical comments on the film through an open letter, especially in regard to women’s ‘right to live.’
• In June 2018, after the release of her female buddy comedy film ‘Veere Di Wedding,’ she was widely criticised and trolled on the internet for her masturbation scene in the film.
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affair/Boyfriend||Himanshu Sharma (Writer)|
|Parents||Father– Chitrapu Uday Bhaskar (Columnist, Retired Commodore)
Mother– Ira Bhaskar (Professor of Cinema Studies)
|Siblings||Brother– Ishan Bhaskar (Elder)
|Favourite Food(s)||Guacamole, Dosa, Aloo sabzi, Maggi, Italian cuisine|
|Favourite Beverage(s)||Masala tea, Coffee, Kale spinach apple smoothie, Bloody Mary|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Meryl Streep|
|Favourite Film(s)||Bollywood– The Untitled Kartik Krishnan Project
Hollywood– The Mill on the Floss, The Exorcism of Emily Rose
|Favourite Director(s)||Aanand L. Rai, Vishal Bhardwaj, Anurag Kashyap, Ashwini Iyer Tiwari, Hansal Mehta, Joe Wright, Wong Kar-Wai|
|Favourite TV Show||Last Week Tonight with John Oliver|
|Favourite Play||Arthur Miller’s ‘The Crucible’ directed by Yael Farber|
|Favourite Song||“Hips Don’t Lie” by Shakira|
|Favourite Book(s)||Istanbul: Memories and the City by Orhan Pamuk, The Illicit Happiness of Other People by Manu Joseph, The Faraway Tree series by Enid Blyton, A Case of Exploding Mangoes by Mohammed Hanif, The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot|
|Favourite Restaurant||Dishoom in London|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Italy, Istanbul, Beirut|
|Car Collection||BMW X1|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Swara Bhaskar
- Does Swara Bhaskar smoke?: No
- Does Swara Bhaskar drink alcohol?: Yes
- Swara was born into a multicultural family; as her father is a Telugu and mother, a Bihari.
- Her father, Chitrapu Uday Bhaskar, is a Columnist, and a retired Commodore in the Indian Navy, who is counted amongst the preeminent experts and critics in Indian security and strategic affairs.
- Actress Minissha Lamba was her classmate in school.
- Since her college days, she has always been very pro-active about her stands on social issues.
- She has been fond of dancing since the age of 7, and is a trained Bharatanatyam dancer from Guru Leela Samson.
- She started her acting career as a theatre artist in N.K. Sharma’s ‘Act One’ theatre group in Delhi.
- In 2008, she shifted to Mumbai to pursue her career in Bollywood, and after a lot of auditions, she got a film called ‘Niyati’ directed by Pravesh Bhardwaj, but it got shelved. Luckily through some connections, she got a role in the English-Indian film ‘Madholal Keep Walking’ (2009), but someone barely saw it.
- She first got noticed in the film ‘Tanu Weds Manu’ (2011), where she played the role of “Payal”, Kangana Ranaut’s best friend, which was widely appreciated by the critics and public.
- Her breakthrough role came with the film ‘Raanjhanaa’ (2013), where she played the role of Banarasi girl “Bindiya,” who has had a crush on Dhanush‘s character “Kundan” since childhood.
- She has been friends with Sonam Kapoor since the making of ‘Raanjhanaa.’
- In 2015, she went to Pakistan as a guest in a TV comedy show called ‘Mazaaq Raat.’
- Once she gifted a sturdy, vintage box to Salman Khan to put his paints and brushes.
- If not an actor, she would have been a history or an anthropology teacher.
- She is an avid animal lover, has 3 cats- Kulfi, Utpaati, and Atom, and loves feeding stray cats and dogs.
- Earlier she was a non-vegetarian, but in 2016, she turned vegetarian as she considers it as the best detox.
- Her dream is to play Indira Gandhi in her biopic.