In professional wrestling, Shinsuke Nakamura is one of those guys you’d always want to get on the ring, his signature and finishing moves are terrific-cool and out of ordinary – thanks to his experience in mixed martial art. It was in 2016 that the Japanese wrestler signed with WWE, but he has become very much admired and celebrate more than a good number of other wrestlers who have been with WWE while he was still an amateur wrestler.
Assuming the professional wrestler is one of such individuals who have a thing for celebrating their birth anniversaries, Shinsuke would be marking every 24th day of February. That was the date he was born, the year was 1980 and the place of birth was in Mineyama, Kyoto, Japan. However, the superstar currently resides in the United States of America; precisely, in Florida’s city – Orlando.
Quite unfortunate, our efforts to uncover the facts concerning the early days of the wrestler’s life which have been overshadowed by his eventful career has so far been unsuccessful. We traced the beginning of Nakamura’s professional wrestling career to 2002 when he reigned as one of the most phenomenal wrestlers in New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW). A number of factors facilitated his triumphs at NJPW but his ring action which is a blend of fast fierce smacks and strikes combined with submission holds helped him a great deal to get almost all of his opponents vanquished.
“The King of Strong Style” as he’s called, moved on from NJPW in style. He didn’t only emerge as the champion of IWGP Heavyweight thrice, but equally placed a record as the youngest wrestler to claim the prestigious title. Shinsuke would go on to replicate his fascinating skills and winnings at WWE NXT which culminated in him earning the NXT Championship title.
Shinsuke Nakamura Biceps Size Height Weight Body Measurements
|Real Name||Shinsuke Nakamura|
|Nickname||King of Strong Style, Super Rookie, Child of God, Supernova|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Billed Height||in centimeters- 188 cm|
in meters- 1.88 m
in Feet-Inches- 6’ 2″
|Billed Weight||in Kilograms- 104 kg|
in Pounds- 229 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx)||– Chest: 44 Inches|
– Waist: 34 Inches
– Biceps: 17 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW): March 2002|
WWE NXT: 13 April 2016
WWE Smackdown (Main Roster): 4 April 2017 (In a dark match against Dolph Ziggler)
|Titles Won||• 3-time IWGP Heavyweight Champion|
• 5-time IWGP Intercontinental Champion
• 1-time IWGP Tag Team Champion
• Pro Wrestling Illustrated (PWI) most popular wrestler of 2016
• 2-time NXT Champion
|Date of Birth||24 February 1980|
|Age (as in 2018)||38 Years|
|Birth Place||Mineyama, Kyoto, Japan|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Mineyama, Kyoto, Japan|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father– Name Not Known|
Mother– Name Not Known
Brother– Not Known
Sister– Not Known
|Favourite Wrestlers||Samoa Joe, AJ Styles|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Wife||Harumi Maekawa (m.2007-present)|
|Children||Daughter– Not Known|
Son– Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shinsuke Nakamura
- Does Shinsuke Nakamura smoke: Not Known
- Does Shinsuke Nakamura drink alcohol: Not Known
- Soon after his debut at ‘New Japan Pro Wrestling’ in 2002, Nakamura was given the nickname ‘Super Rookie’ because of his strength, agility and overall technical skills. Being trained in “vale tundo”, he is also a fine Mixed Martial Artist.
- Though Nakamura signed with the WWE in 2016, he was just on the verge of joining the company 10 years prior in 2006. However, since Brock Lesnar left ‘NJPW’ around the same time, the promotion recalled Nakamura with a lucrative contract that he couldn’t refuse.
- Just like the Undertaker, Nakamura is getting better with age. Though he has always been a promising prospect, he only gained the much-needed recognition around the year 2010. He was even crowned the ‘Wrestler of the Year’ by ‘Wrestling Observer Newsletter’ in 2014.
- Nakamura is very close friends with none other than The Beast Incarnate, Brock Lesnar. The two even trained together at Lesnar’s personal gym during Lesnar’s time in Japan.
- Although he has used the same finisher in both the wrestling promotions, its name was changed from ‘Bomaye’ (NJPW) to Kinshasa (WWE).
- At NJPW, Nakamura held the IWGP Intercontinental title five times, the most number of reigns by any wrestler at the promotion.
- In 2012, Shinsuke was honored with the duty of throwing out the opening pitch for a Major League Baseball game. Notably, throwing out the first pitch at a baseball game is a standard celebrity affair, but it was still a pretty big honor, considering Nakamura was quite far from being a major star in the United States.
- He has even featured in the 2013 mega-hit music video, “Happy”.