Rafael Nadal Parera is a Spanish professional tennis player born on June 3, 1986. Nadal is widely regarded as the greatest clay-court player in history. He was interested in tennis since his childhood. At the age of eight, Rafael won an under-12 regional tennis championship which made him to take intensifying training and at that time his uncle Toni Nada encouraged him to play left-handed for a natural advantage on the tennis court. He turned professional at the age of 15 and by the age of 17, Rafael beat Roger Federer and became the youngest man to reach the third round at Wimbledon since Boris Becker. In coming years, Nadal earned fame and recognition by winning several titles including Grand Slam Single Titles, 2008 Olympic gold medal in singles and ATP World Tour Masters 1000 events. Owing to his dominance and success on the surface, Rafael has been titled “The King of Clay”. Besides sports, he is a humanitarian and supports various charity organizations. As for his personal life, Rafael Nadal began dating Maria Francisca Perello and after spending five years in a relationship they became engaged in 2010.
Rafael Nadal Biceps Size Height Weight Body Measurements
|Real Name||Rafael Nadal Parera|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet- 6′ 1″
|Weight||in Kilograms- 85 kg (in 2015)
in Pounds- 187 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 44 Inches
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 14 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||Turned pro in 2001|
|Nature on field||Aggressive|
|Achievements (main ones)||• 14 Grand Slam titles.
• 69 singles career titles.
• 4 consecutive Rolland Garros titles.
• Achieved the highest ranking of No.1 in August 2008.
• He has won 792 games in his career while losing only 167.
|Career Turning Point||Defeating Roger Federer at the 2008 Wimbledon final.|
|Date of Birth||3 June 1986|
|Age (as in 2018)||32 Years|
|Birth Place||Manacor, Balearic Islands, Spain|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||Manacor, Balearic Islands, Spain|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father– Sebastian Nadal (Spaniard)
Mother– Ana Maria Parera (Portuguese)
|Hobbies||Football, Video Games, Fishing|
|Controversies||• Nadal has been constantly accused of doping probably because of his body size and muscles. No allegation ever came true.
• Nadal allegedly refused to team up with or play against Nick Kyrgios at a charity event in USA. When asked about this, he dismissed the allegations as rumours.
• Nadal once said that playing on hard courts damages the legs, neck and back of players and urged ATP to organize more clay and grass court tournaments. This statement set the whole tennis fraternity on fire and he was criticized for such a statement.
|Favourite Tennis player||Pete Sampras|
|Favourite Food||Fish, Pasta, French Fries, Ice-cream, Chocolate Cookies.|
|Favourite Film||Gladiator, Titanic|
|Favourite Singer||Alejandro Sanz, Bryan Adams, Bon Javi|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Maria Francisca Perello|
|Cars Collection||Mercedes Benz SL55, Aston Martin DBS|
|Net Worth||$120 Million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rafael Nadal
- Does Rafael Nadal smoke: No
- Does Rafael Nadal drink alcohol: Yes
- Toni Nadal, Rafa’s coach and Uncle turned him into a left-handed player by making him follow a strict left-handed practice schedule. His Uncle believed that by doing this, Nadal would always carry an element of surprise over his opponents.
- Nadal has a very peculiar superstition; he crosses the lines of the court with his right foot only and never steps on them.
- After arriving on the court he places his bag on the bench and turns his tournament ID face up.
- An Asteroid, “128036 Rafaelnadal”, has been named after him. This Asteroid is currently located between Mars and Jupiter.
- Nadal is the quickest player to reach 400 wins by playing less than 500 matches.
- Nadal won 24 consecutive matches as a teenager in 2005, the longest winning streak by a teenager in the open era.
- Nadal has the longest winning streak on a single surface in the open era. He won 81 back to back matches on clay courts before losing to Roger Federer in the finals of Masters Series Hamburg.
- Nadal has never broken a tennis racket in anger or frustration. He thinks that doing this would be an insult to all the people who have to buy a tennis racket to play the sport.
- Rafael Nadal is the only player to have won at least one tier-1, tier-2 & tier-3 tournament yearly for 10 straight years from 2005-2014.
- Nadal won two matches which have unbelievably lasted the same length of time of 5 hours and 14 minutes. One match was against Guilermo Coria in 2005 Rome Masters Final and the other was against Fernando Verdasco at the Australian Open 2009.
- Rafael Nadal is the only player to win consecutive Grand Slams on three different surfaces. He achieved this record in 2010.
- He is the only player to win 4 French Open titles in a row.
- Nadal is so afraid of the darkness that he sleeps with the lights on.