Prachi Desai was born on September 12, 1988, in Gujarat, India. She left school at the age of 17 to pursue acting. She then began her career in the Hindi soap opera Kasamh Se, playing the role of Bani Walia, for which she gained recognition.
For her role in Kasamh Se, she received a Kalakar Award, Global Indian Television Honour, and an Indian Telly Award for Best Actress.
In 2008, she made her film debut in Rock On!! at the age of 19. Her performance was well-received and she was nominated for Best Female Debut at the Filmfare Awards.
She has since appeared in such films as Life Partner, Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai, Bol Bachchan and I, Me Aur Main.
Prachi Desai Measurements Height Weight Bra Size Age
|Real Name||Prachi Desai|
|Nickname||OTA (one-take artiste)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5′ 4”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 53 kg
in Pounds- 117 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||12 September 1988|
|Age (as in 2017)||29 Years|
|Birth Place||Surat, Gujarat, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Panchgani, Maharashtra, India|
|School||St. Joseph Convent, Panchgani, Maharashtra|
|College||Sinhagad College, Pune|
|Educational Qualifications||College dropout (B.A. in Psychology course)|
|Debut||Film Debut: Rock On!! (2008)
TV Debut: Kasamh Se (2006)
|Family||Father– Niranjan Desai (Professor)
Mother– Ameeta Desai
Sister– Esha Desai
|Hobbies||Reading, yoga, dancing and sketching|
|Controversies||She was upset with the makers of the film Rock On 2 for neglecting her role, which was why she was absent from the Rock On 2 concert.|
|Favourite Food||Pizza, Cheese Risotto, Chocolate Mud Cake, Lemon & Arugula Rigatoni|
|Favourite Actor||Ryan Gosling, Shahid Kapoor and Arjun Rampal|
|Favourite Actress||Kangana Ranaut, Julia Roberts, Audrey Hepburn, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley|
|Favourite Film||Bollywood: Dil Chahta Hai, Jab We Met, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin, Kapoor & Sons and Queen
Hollywood: Pretty Woman
|Favourite TV Show||Hot in Cleveland, Tyrant|
|Favourite Color||White, Pink and Blue|
|Favourite Book||Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts, and Scion of Ikshvaku by Amish Tripathi|
|Favourite Perfume||Gucci Envy, Chloe and Carolina Harrera 212|
|Favourite Restaurant||Indigo Deli, Cafe Zoe and Out of the Blue in Mumbai|
|Favourite Destination||Gstaad in Switzerland, New York and Milan|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Rohit Shetty (Director)|
|Salary||1 crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Prachi Desai
- Does Prachi Desai smoke? : No
- Does Prachi Desai drink alcohol? : Yes
- Prachi won many prizes for her active participation in dancing and acting competitions, during her studies.
- During her graduation in Pune, she started her modeling, during which she sent her pictures to Balaji Telefilms who called her for an audition.
- She left her Arts course mid-way when she was selected for TV serial Kasamh Se opposite Ram Kapoor.
- If not an actress, she would have been a counselor.
- She has won 8 television awards for Kasamh Se.
- While shooting for Kasamh Se, she got a call from the director of the film Rock On!! (2008) to meet him in his studio. She never imagined that she was being called in for auditioning for a role opposite Farhan Akthar and that she was going to make her debut into Bollywood with that call.
- Due to her prior commitment to Kasamh Se, she used to work for both Rock On!! and Kasamh Se at a time.
- She is very close to Ekta Kapoor and her family.
- In 2007, she entered Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 2, but got eliminated. However, she entered the contest again as a wild-card entry and eventually won the competition.
- She considers yesteryear American actress Grace Kelly as her fashion icon.
- She is a chocoholic.
- Her favorite fashion brand is Michael Kors.