Mushfiqur Rahim Height Weight Bra Size Age Biography Family Wiki Net Worth, Affairs, Marriage & much more. Mushfiqur Rahim (Bengali: মুশফিকুর রহিম; born 9 May 1987), known as ‘Mushi’ or ‘Mushfiq’, is a Bangladeshi cricketer and the former captain and vice-captain of the Bangladesh national cricket team. He is considered as the best and most successful captain of Bangladesh in tests. According to Jamie Siddons, the former coach of Bangladesh, Rahim’s batting is so versatile that he can bat anywhere in the top order, from one to six. He is the highest individual scorer by a Bangladesh batsman in Test cricket.
Mushfiqur Rahim was born on 9 May 1987 in Bogra, Bangladesh. His parents are Mahbub Habib and Rahima Khatun. He finished his secondary schooling at Bogra Zilla School. In between playing cricket, he studied history at the Jahangirnagar University. He sat his master’s degree examinations in 2012. Rahim is a fan of the Spanish football team FC Barcelona. Rahim is a fan of Argentinian player Lionel Messi. He married Jannatul Kawsar Mondi in 2014. Mondi is the sister of Mahmudullah’s wife, Mishti. Mushfiqur had a son, Mohammad Sharoj Rahim Mayan in 2018.
Before playing for the national team, Rahim played for Bangladesh Under-19s. He represented them in three Youth Tests and 18 Youth One Day Internationals (ODIs) between 2004 and 2006, averaging 31.75 and 36.00 with the bat in the respective formats. Rahim trained at the Bangladesh Institute of Sports.
During the 2006 U-19 Cricket World Cup, hosted by Sri Lanka in February, Rahim captained the Bangladesh side which included future international players Shakib Al Hasan and Tamim Iqbal among others. Rahim was one of two players at the tournament with Test-match experience. Under his guidance Bangladesh reached the quarter finals of the tournament. Later that month Rahim was recalled to the senior Test squad for the first time since the England tour in 2005. He was selected as a specialist batsmen, with Khaled Mashud chosen as the wicket-keeper for the series against Sri Lanka.
Read More: Mustafizur Rahman | Shakib Al Hasan
|Rahim’s record as captain|
|Last updated on: 24 March 2020|
Mushfiqur Rahim Biography Wiki Wife Family Age Net Worth
Records and achievements
- In November 2018, during the second Test against Zimbabwe, surpassing legendary wicketkeeper-batsman Adam Gilchrist, Kumar Sangakkara and MS Dhoni to become the first wicketkeeper-batsman to ever record two Test double centuries.He finished his innings on 219*, the highest individual score by a Bangladesh batsman in Test cricket. and faced 421 balls spending 589 minutes at the crease during the innings, a record for a Bangladesh batsman in a Test inning.
- Later the same month, against the West Indies, he became the second batsman for Bangladesh to score 4,000 runs in Tests.
- He was ranked as one of the world’s most famous athletes by ESPN in 2019.
- In February 2020, during a one-off Test against Zimbabwe, he scored an unbeaten 203 runs, becoming the first and only Bangladeshi batsman & first wicket-keeper to score three double-hundreds in Test cricket..
- In 30 December 2020, Mushfiq was included in Wisden’s Teenage Riot Test XI(A team of greats who started young).
|National side||Bangladesh (2005– present)|
|Test debut (cap 41)||26 May 2005 v England|
|Last Test||3 February 2021 v West Indies|
|ODI debut (cap 86)||6 August 2006 v Zimbabwe|
|Last ODI||25 January 2021 v West Indies|
|ODI shirt no.||15|
|T20I debut (cap 6)||28 November 2006 v Zimbabwe|
|Last T20I||11 March 2020 v Zimbabwe|
|T20I shirt no.||15|
|Domestic team information|
|2012||Duronto Rajshahi, Nagenahira Nagas|
|2015||Sylhet Super Stars|
|2016||Karachi Kings,Barisal Bulls|