Lionel Messi Height, Weight, Age, Biography, Measurements, Net Worth, Family, Affairs, Marriage, Wiki & much more! Lionel Messi was born on June 24, 1987, in Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina. His current age 31 years. His Father’s Name is Jorge Horácio Messi and mother’s name is Celia María Cuccittini. Lionel Messi height 5 feet 7 inches (170 cm/ 1.70 m) and Weight 67 kg (148 lbs). His Horoscope/Sun Sign is Cancer, Nationality Argentine and Ethnicity is Hispanic.
Lionel Messi Biceps Size Height Weight Body Measurements
|Real Name||Lionel Andrés Messi|
|Nickname||Leo, Atomic Flea, La Pulga, La Pulga Atomica, Messidona|
|Profession||Argentine Professional Footballer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet-Inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 67 kg
in Pounds- 148 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 40 Inches
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 12 Inches
|Professional Debut||4 August, 2004 against Hungary|
|Coach/Mentor||Salvador Aparicio, Frank Rijkaard, Pep Guardiola|
|Records (main ones)||• Youngest two-time and three-time FIFA Ballon d’Or winner (23 and 24 years old).
• Most UEFA Best Player in Europe awards (2009, 2011, 2015).
• Most La Liga Best Player awards, six times (2009-2013, 2015).
• Top goalscorer for country and club in a calendar year (91 goals in 2012)
• Top goalscorer in La Liga (312 goals).
• Top goalscorer in the FIFA Club World Cup (shared with Luis Suárez and César Delgado).
• Most hat-tricks scored in a La Liga season (8 in 2011-2012, shared with Cristiano Ronaldo).
• Only player to score consecutively against all opposition teams in La Liga (19 matches, 30 goals in 2012–13).
• Only player to have won FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball more than one.
• In 2013, became the youngest player to score 200 goals in La Liga.
• Only top-scorer in five UEFA Champions League seasons (2008–09 to 2011–12, 2014–15).
• Record of most hat-tricks in the UEFA Champions League, five times.
• Youngest player to make 100 appearances in the UEFA Champions League: 28 years, 84 days in 2015).
• All-time top-goalscorer of Argentina.
|Career Turning Point||In 2007, he scored a hat-trick vs Real Madrid and ended the match with a draw while playing for Barcelona.|
|Date of Birth||24 June 1987|
|Age (as in 2018)||31 Years|
|Birth Place||Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina|
|Family||Father– Jorge Horácio Messi
Mother– Celia María Cuccittini
Brothers– Matias Messi, Rodrigo Messi
Sister– Maria Sol Messi
|Hobbies||Workout, Video Game, Music|
|Controversies||• In 2013, he was investigated for his suspected tax evasion.
• In 2016, his name appeared in the Panama Papers Data Leak.
|Favourite Footballer||Pablo Aimar|
|Favourite Food||Salad, Escalope Milanese|
|Favourite Book||El Martin Fierro by Jorge Luis Borges|
|Favourite Film||Baby’s Day Out|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Antonella Roccuzzo, Model|
|Marriage Date||30 June 2017|
Son– Thiago Messi (Born November 2, 2012)
|Salary||$1 million/game (approximately)|
|Net Worth||$350 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lionel Messi
- Does Lionel Messi smoke?: Yes
- Does Lionel Messi drink alcohol?: Yes
- He had a passion for sports at an early age and joined a local club Grandoli at the age of 4, where he was coached by his father.
- Messi was greatly affected by his grandmother’s death as it was she who accompanied him to training and matches in his earliest days and to give her tribute, Messi has celebrated his goals by looking up and pointing to the sky.
- Messi shares his birthplace with Che Guevara.
- Messi and his girlfriend Antonella Roccuzzo are childhood friends.
- He was diagnosed with a growth hormone deficiency when he was 10 years old.
- On 16 November 2003, he made his first-team debut, at 16 years, 4 months and 23 days old, when he came on in the 75th minute during a friendly against José Mourinho’s Porto.
- After seeing Messi playing at the age of 16, Ronaldinho told his teammates that Messi would become an even better player than himself.
- Messi holds passports for both Spain and Argentina and even after spending much time in Spain, he turned down the offer to play with the Spanish national team.
- Carles Rexach (Barcelona Coach) was so impressed with Messi that he wanted to sign him up without wasting any time, so he signed a contract with Messi on a Napkin Paper as at that time only that was what Messi had.
- In 2005, he made his first international debut against Hungary an that too only for 47 seconds as he was shown a Red Card.
- Spanish Media calls him La Pulga (“The Atomic Flea”) because he has the lower centre of gravity because of his short stature, which gives him greater agility, allowing him to change directions more quickly.
- On his calf, he has a tattoo of his son’s name and hand-prints.
- He is the only player who runs faster with the ball than he does without it.
- He is predominantly a left-footed player.
- Messi is considered to be the best dribbler in the world.
- Messi has been compared to Diego Maradona, throughout his career.
- He does not sing the National Anthem of Argentina.
- In 2015-16, Forbes magazine listed him world’s second highest-paid athlete (after Cristiano Ronaldo).
- In March 2013, a solid gold replica of his left foot weighing 55 lb, went on sale in Japan to raise funds for 2011 tsunami and earthquake victims.
- Filmmaker Álex de la Iglesia made a documentary “Messi” about his life, which was premiered at the Venice Film Festival in August 2014.
- Throughout his career, he has been involved with charitable activities and has served as UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador since his appointment in March 2010.
- He also founded his own charitable organization “Leo Messi Foundation” which supports education, health and sports for children.
- On 26 June 2016, in the Copa America Final, Argentina lost to Chile after Messi missed a penalty in the final shootout, he announced his retirement from international football.