Beyoncé Giselle Knowles or simply Beyoncé was born in Houston, Texas, USA on September 04, 1981. She also goes by other nicknames which include Sasha Fierce, Queen B, Be, Mothe, Beyoncé Knowles-Carter, and Juju Beyoncé Knowles among others. Her father is Mathew Knowles who was a medical-equipment salesman and also her manager from 1989 until 2011. Beyonce’s mother is Celestine “Tina” Knowles who is of Creole (French-African) descent. She has three siblings: Solange Knowles (Sister), Bianca Knowles (Sister), and Nixon Knowles (Brother).
Queen Bee attended St. Mary’s Elementary School, Texas where she also learnt dancing. She later enrolled at the Parker Elementary School which is a well-known music school in Texas. She furthered her singing and dancing skills at Alief Elsik High School, and Performing and Visual Arts School.
Beyoncé Measurements Height Weight Bra Size Age
|Real Name||Beyoncé Giselle Knowles|
|Nickname||Sasha Fierce, Be, Beyonce Knowles-Carter, Queen B, Bee, Mothe, JuJu|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Actress, Dancer, Businesswoman.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 169 cm
in meters- 1.69 m
in Feet-Inches- 5’ 6½”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 62 kg
in Pounds- 137 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||September 4, 1981|
|Age (2018)||37 Years|
|Birth Place||Houston, Texas, U.S.|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|School||St. Mary’s Elementary School
Parker Elementary School
Alief Elsik High School
|Educational Qualifications||High School|
|Debut||Film – Carmen: A Hip Hopera (2001)
Album – Dangerously in Love (1997)
TV – Much On Demand (1997)
|Family||Father– Mathew Knowles
Mother– Tina Knowles
Brother– Nixon Knowles
Sister– Solange Lawman (Singer, Songwriter, Actress)
Sister– Bianca Knowles
|Ethnicity||African, Native American, Spanish, Irish and French.|
|Inspirations||Célestine ‘Tina’ Beyincé (mother), Diana Ross, Tina Turner|
|Fan Mail Address||Beyonce Knowles
10250 Constellation Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90067-6209
|Hobbies||Singing, Swimming, Reading, Dancing and Writing|
|Favourite Color||Pink and Gold|
|Favourite Music||Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey, Cher and Prince.|
|Favourite Song||‘Love Fool’ by The Cardigans|
|Favourite Perfumes||Beyonce Heat, Beyonce Pulp|
|Favorite Book||The Rules|
|Favorite Food||Creole Food, Popeyes, Honey Nut Cheerios. Otherwise, she likes fast-food and soul food.|
|Favourite Movie||Sparkle, A Star is Born|
|Favourite Painter||Vincent Van Gogh|
|Favourite TV show||Jersey Shore|
Boys, Affairs and More
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Lyndell Locke (1993-2000)
|Current Relationship Status||Married to Jay Z|
|Major Controversies||There was a boycott against her performance in Miami for the Super-bowl because she had some anti-police acts in the show for the release of “Formation”.|
|Net Worth||$450 million|
|Houses||Indian Creek Village ($9.3 million)
Bridgehampton, New York, United States villa ($43.5 million)
Her classic Malibu, California, United States villa ($40 million)
|Cars||Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren, Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud II|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Beyonce
- Does Beyonce smoke?: Yes (occasionally)
- Does Beyonce drink alcohol?: Yes
- Her father, Mathew Knowles was her manager for 12 years until she started being her own manager.
- Beyonce has powerful roots as her mother descends from the Acadian leader, Joseph Broussard.
- Name of Beyonce’s cat is Master P.
- It was during the dance lessons that she discovered her singing talent when she completed the song that her instructor started.
- On the “100 Greatest Women in Music” list of 2012, she was ranked at number 3.
- Beyonce has been nominated for Grammys more than any female artist and has won a whopping 20 Grammy Awards.
- Beyonce is named after her mother’s maiden name.
- She met her bandmates for Destiny’s Child, Kelly Rowland and LaTavia Robertson, in an audition where they were put in a group of five.
- Beyonce held depression well after Destiny Child won a Grammy. She was depressed for two years.
- Her mother used to design her costumes when she was part of the band ‘Destiny Child’.
- Beyonce and Jay Z hold the Guinness World Record for being the Highest Power Earning Couple because they earned $122 million in the year 2010.
- Beyonce also holds a record of maximum tweets per second for announcing her pregnancy. It’s not just any record but a Guinness World Record.
- Her daughter Blue Ivy is the youngest person alive to appear on the Billboard. Jay Z recorded her crying in his song ‘Glory’.
- Her voice-type is mezzo-soprano.
- Sasha Fierce was her alter ego that she needed to shed off the shyness.
- She was named as the most beautiful woman of 2010 by People Magazine.
- Beyonce has a very different relationship with music. She said, “I see music. It’s more than just what I hear (…) When I’m connected to something, I immediately see a visual or a series of images that are tied to a feeling or an emotion-a memory from my childhood, thoughts about life, my dreams or my fantasies. And they’re all connected to the music.”
- She was the first person who was from a non-sports background and still was on the cover of Sports Illustrated’s swimsuit issue in 2007.
- She won six Grammys in a one Grammy Awards Show night creating history and an all-time record at the time.
- Beyonce’s father used to make all the girls of Destiny’s Child sing while jogging, so that have good stamina and lung power.
- She was teased for her big ears in school and the kids teased her saying that they are bigger than her head.
- To sing in front of her parent’s friends, she used to charge them $5 to entertain. No wonder, She is a good entrepreneur.
- She suffered depression after her bandmate sued Beyonce’s father for mismanagement.
- She said if she met her alter ego Sasha Fierce backstage, she wouldn’t like it. In 2010, she said that she can handle it now and can merge both of her personalities and would like for people to see her for what she is.