Akkineni Nagarjuna Biography Wiki Wife Family Age Net Worth, Family, Affairs, Marriage, Wiki & much more! Akkineni Nagarjuna (born 29 August 1959) is an Indian film actor, film producer, and entrepreneur known for his work primarily in Telugu Cinema. He has received nine state Nandi Awards, three Filmfare Awards South and a National Film Award-Special Mention. In 1996, he produced Ninne Pelladata, which won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu.
He is also known for his work in biographical films, he played 15th-century composer Annamacharya in the 1997 film Annamayya, Yavakri (the son of the ascetic Bharadwaja) in the 2002 film Agni Varsha, Major Padmapani Acharya, in the 2003 war film LOC Kargil, 17th-century composer Kancherla Gopanna in the 2006 film Sri Ramadasu, Suddala Hanmanthu in the 2011 film Rajanna, Sai Baba of Shirdi in the 2012 film Shirdi Sai, Chandala, in the 2013 film Jagadguru Adi Sankara, and Hathiram Bhavaji, and in the 2017 film Om Namo Venkatesaya.
In 1989, he starred in the Mani Ratnam directed romantic drama film Geetanjali, which won the National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment. The following year, he acted in Siva, an action drama blockbuster directed by Ram Gopal Varma, which premiered at the 13th International Film Festival of India. In 1990, he made his Bollywood debut with the Hindi remake of Shiva. In 1998, he received the National Film Award-Special Mention for his performance in the historical film Annamayya.
In 2013, he represented the cinema of South India at the Delhi Film Festival’s 100 Years of Indian Cinema’s celebration, alongside Ramesh Sippy and Vishal Bhardwaj from Bollywood. In 1995, he ventured into film production, with a production unit operating in Seychelles, and was a co-director of an Emmy Award-winning film animation company called Heart Animation. Nagarjuna is the co-owner of the production company Annapurna Studios. He is also the president of the non-profit film school Annapurna International School of Film and Media based in Hyderabad.
Early life and family
Akkineni Nagarjuna was born on 29 August, 1959 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu to the late veteran actor Nageswara Rao Akkineni and his wife Annapurna Akkineni. The family later moved to Hyderabad, where he attended the Hyderabad Public School and Little Flower Junior College. He completed one year of his Bachelor of Engineering from the College of Engineering, Guindy, and earned his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
In 1984, he married Lakshmi Daggubati, the daughter of D. Ramanaidu, a prominent film-maker, and sister of the actor Venkatesh and producer Suresh Babu. Lakshmi and Nagarjuna have one son, the actor Naga Chaitanya. However, the couple were divorced in 1990. Nagarjuna then married actress Amala Akkineni. From his second marriage, Nagarjuna is father to the actor Akhil Akkineni (born 1994)
Akkineni Nagarjuna Biography Wiki Wife Family Age Net Worth
|Real Name||Akkineni Nagarjuna|
|Profession||Actor, Producer and Businessman|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||6’ 0” (183 cm)|
|Weight||74 kg (163 lbs)|
|Body Measurements||40-34-14Chest Size – 40 Inches|
Waist Size – 34 Inches
Biceps Size – 14 Inches
Body Shape – Slim
Shoe Size – 11 (US)
|Date of Birth||29 August 1959|
|Age (2019)||60 Years|
|Birth Place||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|School||Hyderabad Public School, Hyderabad|
|College||> The Little Flower Junior College, Hyderabad|
> College of Engineering, Guindy
> Eastern Michigan University, Michigin, USA
|Educational Qualifications||M.S. in Automobile Engineering,|
Bachelors of Engineering
|Debut||> Film : Vikram (1986)|
> TV : Yuva (2009)
|Family||Father- Nageswara Rao Akkineni (Actor and Producer)|
Mother- Annapurna Akkineni
Brothers- Akkineni Venkat
Sisters- Akkineni Sathyavathi, Akkineni Naga Susheela, Akkineni Saroja
|Address||Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, India|
|Hobbies||Reading and workout|
|Controversies||A case was filed against him for sexually harassing a journalist.|
|Favourite Food||Grilled chicken or fish and dosa|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Book||Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell|
|Favourite Restaurant||N Asian in Hyderabad|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Girlfriends||Amala Akkineni (Actress)|
|Wife||> Lakshmi Ramanaidu Daggubati (1984–90)|
> Amala Akkineni (Actress,1992-present)
|Children||> Daughter- N/A|
> Son- Naga Chaitanya and Akhil Akkineni
|Salary||7 Crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth||$ 50 million|
Akkineni Nagarjuna Interesting Facts
- Akkineni Nagarjuna was born in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India to Actor & Producer, Nageswara Rao Akkineni and Annpurna Akkineni.
- He has a brother name is Akkineni Venkat and three sisters named, Akkineni Sathyavathi, Akkineni Naga Susheela and Akkineni Saroja.
- He holds Bachelor of Engineering from College of Engineering, Guindy and M.S. in Automobile Engineering from Eastern Michigan University, Michigan USA.
- Akkineni Nagarjuna started his acting career with film ‘Vikram’ (1986) and His first TV serial ‘Yuva’ (2009).
- He is big fan of Amitabh Bachchan and Tabu.
- Akkineni Nagarjuna first married to Lakshmi Ramanaidu Daggubai but they divorced and he second married to Amala Akkineni on 1992 and they have two sons, both actors.
- He considered as highest-paid actors, with estimated net worth around $50 million and his salary Rs. 7 crore per movie.
- Akkineni Nagarjuna has span of 20 years with film industry and he acted more than 90 films in Hindi, Telugu and Tamil languages.
- He is co-owner of Maa Channel and he is very good friend of Indian businessman Anil Ambani.
- Akkineni Nagarjuna is very talented, stylish, most popular and commercial successful Telugu and Tamil Film Actor.