AR Rahman Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Family, Wiki, Biography, Salary. Allah-Rakha Rahman also known as A. R. Rahman is an Indian Male Playback Singer-Songwriter, composer, music producer, musician and Philanthropist. He was born on 6 January 1967 in Madras, India. He works are noted for Integrating Indian Classical music with electronic music, world music and traditional orchestral arrangements. A. R. Rahman mainly sung for Hindi Movie Songs. A. R. Rahman Net Worth is $280 Million and His Salary 5-8 crore per film.
He has received twice Academy Awards, Twice Grammy Awards, one BAFTA Award, one Golden Globe Award, four National Film Awards, fifteen filmfare Awards and sixteen filmfare awards south. He is Very popular & commercial successful Singer in India. A. R. Rahman also awarded the Padma Bhushan by the Government of India in 2010.
A. R. Rahman Age 50 Years Old, He born in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. His Father R. K. Shekar is a music composer and His mother kareema Beegum. He has three sisters A. R. Reihana, Fatima Rafiq and Ishrath Qadri. He has completed the degree in Western Classical Music from Madras Christian College, Chennai and Trinity College of Music, Oxford University, United Kingdom. A. R. Rahman married to Saira Banu and has one son Ameen and two daughters Khatija & Rahima. He is Muslim by Religion, Sun Sign Capricorn and Nationality Indian.
A R Rahman Biceps Size Height Weight Body Measurements
|Real Name||Allah Rakha Rahman|
|Nickname||Isai Puyal and The Mozart of Madras|
|Profession||Music Director, Singer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 39 Inches
– Waist: 33 Inches
– Biceps: 12 Inches
|Date of Birth||6 January 1967|
|Age (as in 2017)||50 Years|
|Birth Place||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|School||Padma Seshadri Bal Bhavan, Chennai|
|College||Madras Christian College, Chennai
Trinity College of Music, Oxford University, United Kingdom
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Western Classical Music|
|Debut||Music Direction: Roja (1992, Tamil & Hindi)|
|Family||Father– R. K. Shekhar (Music Composer)
Mother– Kareema Beegum
Sisters– A. R. Reihana, Fathima Rafiq and Ishrath Qadri
|Controversies||A fatwa or fringe was issued against him for composing music of biopic on Prophet Muhammad, called “Muhammad: The Messenger of God.”|
|Favorite Food||Palak Paneer and Rasam-Rice|
|Favorite Musicians||Ilayaraja, Mohammad Rafi, Michael Jackson|
|Favorite Destinations||Chennai, Mumbai and London|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children||Daughter– Khatija and Rahima
|Salary||5-8 crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth||$280 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About A. R. Rahman
- Does A. R. Rahman smoke?: No
- Does A. R. Rahman alcohol?: No
- Rahman was known earlier known as A. S. Dileep Kumar before he converted from Hinduism to Islam.
- He had a difficult childhood as his father died when he was 9 years old, leaving him as the sole earning source of his family. Initially, he used to play his father’s keyboard to earn money.
- He scored 62% in his board exams.
- He aspired to be a computer engineer.
- Following the footsteps of his father, he incepted his early training in music from Master Dhanraj.
- His first salary was 50 (INR) for operating a record player.
- From 1984-88, he was part of the band called Roots”. During this period, he also played keyboard for 10 – 12 Kannada films.
- Later, he became part of a rock band called “Nemesis Avenue”, where he worked as producer-arranger and also performed for a concert ‘Jive live’.
- In 1987, he started composing short songs for ad commercials, first among them was Alwyn’s new trendy range of watches. And, in the span of 5 years, he composed around 300 of them.
- In 1989, he and his family converted to Islam from Hinduism after his sister felt magical relief out of her severe illness from the blessings of a Pir Qadri called Sheik Abdul Qadir Jeelani.
- In 1991, he met a producer, Sharada Trilok, who introduced him to her cousin, Mani Ratnam who got so much impressed with his performance, that he gave him a breakthrough in the film Roja (1992). In 2005, the same song was listed among TIME’s “10 Best Soundtracks” of all time.
- Very few people know that the first film for which he composed music was Mohanlal starrer Yodha(1992), a Malayalam film.
- By 2004, he was among the world’s all-time top selling recording artists, as till then, he sold almost 200 million cassettes and 150 million recordings of his soundtracks.
- Though he loves to compose music of all genders, but romantic is his favorite.
- In 2008, he founded KM College of Music and Technology in Chennai, which was inaugurated by Mukesh Ambani.
- His Oscar Award winning song “Jai Ho” was initially composed for the Bollywood film Yuvvraaj (2008), but it later became a part of Slumdog Millionaire (2008).
- In 2012, he had received a Christmas card and a dinner invitation from Barack Obama, the then President of the United States at the White House.
- He shares his birthday (6 January) with his son, Ameen.
- He is a global ambassador of the WHO’s “Stop TB Partnership” and also supports “Save the Child” in India.
- In 2013, a street was named in his honour in Markham, Ontario, Canada.
- Unlike other musicians, he likes composing music at night.
- His favourite raaga is ‘Sindhu Bhairavi’.
- Along with filmmaker Shekhar Kapoor, he has launched a social media platform called “Qyuki”, to showcase the raw talent in India.
- On 20 January 2017, he along with members of the Nadigar Sangam observed a one-day fast to support the people of Tamil Nadu protesting against the ban on Jallikattu ( a bull-taming event).